After Class 10th board exams students usually take a step back from their studies. 11th grade is like a fresh start for the students because in terms of course content it is very different as compared to what you have studied in your Class 10th standard. In class 11 if you opt for the science stream then the difficulty level will be higher as it is no more general science. 11th-grade science will teach you some new concepts of chemistry, physics, biology and maths. 11th grade is all about the in-depth study of concepts that you have studied in your 9th standard. In Class 11 you need to emphasize more on application rather than focusing on theoretical study.
In grade 11 Chemistry, Physics and Biology are entirely new and so is maths excluding some part. Maths is extremely important in the 11th and 12th. If you want to score well in Class 11 you should definitely have a strong hold on all subjects which will help you in your 12th standard. For those students who will be preparing for JEE, or want to pursue a career in the engineering field, then you can’t avoid maths. Maths is also important for a better understanding of physics and chemistry as well. While preparing for the competitive exams students should be through with their syllabus.
Students of CBSE, ICSE or any particular State Board like Rajasthan Board can follow these tips to prepare themselves effectively for their Class 11 board exam.
- From the very beginning, you should be focused and motivated
- Don’t miss your classes and always pay attention to all what is taught in your class.
- Revise whatever is taught in school on the very same day at home and make it a daily routine to do so.
- Prepare a proper study table and divide the time accordingly among the subjects on the basis of your strong and weak points. Always stick to this study schedule strictly.
- While studying always keep a collection of your doubts and clear your doubts the next day with your respective subject teacher.
- While revising don’t skip numerical as it will also count your marks and preparation
- During the class, always try to ask questions if you have any doubt regarding any important concept.
- For studying purpose, you can take reference from the previous year question paper or sample paper to get an idea about the question paper pattern, marks weightage and important topics.
- While studying, you must have thorough knowledge about the syllabus as well as read your course books properly.
- As highlighted earlier the importance of mathematics, you should always practice from maths book for betterment. It is the most scoring subject if you study well.
Along with the above mentioned points students should also refer to the correct study materials. For eg: Students of CBSE should refer to NCERT solutions, students of state boards like Rajasthan Board should refer to RBSE solutions, ICSE students should refer to Selina Solutions, etc.
Students can also subscribe to our BYJU’S YouTube Channel to watch and learn through interactive videos to understand complex concepts, better.