Are you attending for SSC CGL Exam? Are you looking for SSC CGL Mock test series for the preparation of the exam? Then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to discuss how to attempt SSC CGL mock test series online and things to be considered before taking the online test series. Before attempting the mock test have a look at SSC SGL Syllabus and structure of the exam.
Benefits of Taking SSC CGL Mock Test
When you are doing preparations for SSC CGL competitive exam, the mock test is given more importance that helps in maximizing chances of your selection. Preparation in accordance with the syllabus will only help to gain knowledge on the topics. To prove how much you have done the preparation, attempt mock tests that give an extra flavor for the preparation.
Things to keep in Mind before Attempting SSC CGL Mock Test.
- Take sample test papers that are available online or offline. While choosing the Mock test take opinion from the selected candidates or take feedback from your mentors. Choose the best platform for attempting the Free SSC CGL Test Series.
- Now, attempt the mock test as you are giving for the real exam. You can take mock test from PC/Laptop with the internet-enabled connection. Instead of half lying on the bed, sit properly on the table. In this way the chances of performance in the mock test are high.
- Be honest while attempting mock tests. Don’t tempt to open a new tab on the computer to search for the answer to the question that you don’t know. This way you are betraying yourself to score more marks to compete with your fellow mates.
- This is a pro tip from our side. Set a time duration to complete the mock test in 1 hour 55 minutes than the actual duration is 2 hours. In the actual exam, there are some questions that are tough and lengthy to solve. If you practice taking the mock test and completing before ten minutes. The remaining time keeps insurance for these types of questions.
- Don’t sit idle for the question you don’t know. Skip the question and solve the remaining questions.
Things to Do After Taking Mock Test for SSC CGL Exam
After SSC CGL Online Coaching and attempting the SSC CGL Mock Test, it is normal to check the score. If you score marks than your general score, if you will feel you are in the seventh sky, if you score low marks then you might be disappointed. But both the reactions are normal in human nature. Don’t leave the mock test from here onwards. Analyze the sample test that you have attempted despite boring you. Your actual preparation form SSC CGL exam will start from here.
SSC CGL Syllabus to Follow for Preparation
Candidates who are preparing for SSC CGL Exam should focus on the topics of English language, General Intelligence, and reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness.
The first thing in solving the reasoning section is how much time you afford. In the Tier 1 Exam, you are not able to afford for more than 15 minutes. If you are taking more than that, you need to practice more mock tests. First, look up the solutions for each and every question. Some questions are very easier and also tricks involve to solve it. Your aim is to score more than 46 marks. Scoring 42-44 marks is not tough, getting above that marks need to do hard work. After attempting mock test you may have noticed that you are making mistakes consistently. Those are the weak areas you need to concentrate on during preparation. Whether the mistake is silly or easy, try to note down in the notebook and revise those topics before the next mock test.
Just like the reasoning section, look at how much time you will afford to solve this section. Ideally, you should not take more than five minutes to solve the section. First, try to solve the questions periodically and note down or bookmark the questions you could not do. Now, revise those questions for not committing those mistakes in the next SSC CGL Mock test. There will be some questions which you could not solve, leave it, and focus on the topics of Indian polity, Physics, History e.t.c to score good marks. After taking a few mock tests, you will come to know the mistakes you are doing. So, try to revise those weaker sections to get maximum marks.
This section grabs you more marks in the exam and also it is the most important section in the tier 1 exam. Like other sections, how much time you will allocate to this section. Most of the candidates will take 20 minutes to solve this section. It is not tough to score 35+ marks in the section. To make a difference you have to score more than that. After solving all the questions in the mock tests, try to look at the solutions to every question.
In this section, you will spot the questions on error finding and sentence improvement. Sometimes guessing the questions also will work out. But, don’t depend on that, some it will also lead to attempt a wrong answer. First, learn to attempt all topics in the section. Mainly, this section comprises questions from the topics synonyms, antonyms, one-word substitution, and idioms.
To boost up your confidence, choose the best SSC CGL Mock test series that are available online. Take feedback from your friends, research online, and read reviews regarding the institute you are taking test series. To get the best SSC CGL Mock test series Join Toprankers. They have an experienced faculty and the way they have prepared the mock test is useful for all competitive exams.